Browns Canyon is the most popular white water rafting trip in Colorado
Browns Canyon is a perfect white water rafting trip for families and experienced paddlers alike. Our professional river guides will provide instruction on paddling and help your group navigate multiple class III rapids. You can also choose to have a guide row you down the river while you relax and enjoy the scenery. Experience this classic Colorado white water rafting trip and find out what Colorado river rafting is all about.
While not paddling through rapids, enjoy the unique beauty of Browns Canyon on the Arkansas River. Our guides will share their knowledge of the history, wildlife, and geology of the area while you take in views of granite cliffs, ponderosa pine, and 14,000 foot peaks. It is common to see waterfowl, song birds, chipmunks, raptors, deer, and bighorn sheep on a Browns Canyon white water rafting trip.
Choose a full day Browns Canyon white water rafting trip and get a catered riverside lunch
If you choose a full day Browns Canyon white water rafting trip, you will enjoy a catered riverside lunch of meat, cheese, and veggie wraps; chips and homemade salsa; fresh fruit; and fresh baked cookies (please allow for substitutions).
A professional photographer shoots every Browns Canyon white water rafting trip
After your Browns Canyon white water rafting trip you can watch a free slide show of your river rafting adventure on one of River Runner’s high definition TVs. You can also purchase a CD with digital images of your white water rafting trip through Browns Canyon on the Arkansas River.
Logistics for your Browns Canyon white water rafting trip are easy with River Runners
There is no need to worry about the logistics of your Browns Canyon white water rafting trip – simply show up at our Riverside Rafting Resort one hour prior to your trip departure and let our friendly staff take care of the details. The River Runners Riverside Rafting Resort is conveniently located six miles south of Buena Vista, Colorado on the banks of the Arkansas River.
STEP 1: Check in with our friendly front office staff
STEP 2: Read and sign your waiver and release form
STEP 3: Get fitted for your personal rafting equipment
STEP 4: Walk to a private beach and launch site for Browns Canyon
STEP 5: Listen to the safety orientation and paddle talk
STEP 6: Go white water rafting through Browns Canyon on the Arkansas River
STEP 7: Get on the shuttle back to the River Runners Riverside Rafting Resort
Browns Canyon is centrally located near Summit County, Colorado Springs, and Denver
- 1.5 hours from Summit County ski resorts
- 2 hours from Colorado Springs
- 2 hours from Denver
River Runners white water guests receive:
- Half-price tickets to Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort
- Discounted admission to the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park
- A free slide show of your Browns Canyon white water rafting trip
- Helmets, personal flotation devices, paddles, and a professional white water rafting guide
What to bring on your Browns Canyon white water rafting trip:
- Shorts or swimsuit
- Sunglasses and strap
- Water bottle
- Hat or visor
- Water sandals or tennis shoes (no open-backed sandals or flip flops)
- Fleece or light rain jacket
- Cotton is not recommended
Wetsuits, splash-tops, and neoprene booties are available for rent.
Browns Canyon rafting requirements:
- No Previous white water rafting experience is required
- Minimum age and weight is 6 years and 50 pounds
- Please arrive one hour prior to your Browns Canyon white water rafting trip – this allows time to check in and to get fitted for your personal rafting equipment
- Inherent risks are involved on all Browns Canyon white water rafting trips – all participants are required to sign a waiver prior to trip departure