Cool off from the summer heat and make a splash in the Arkansas River while whitewater rafting near Denver this season. A scenic, two-hour drive from Denver, Colorado will land you in our beautiful town of Buena Vista. The meaning of Buena Vista is “good view,” and that is exactly what you will see when traveling to our neck of the woods. We are known for guiding the best family whitewater rafting trips for both skilled and novice rafters alike. What better way to spend a family vacation than in the Rocky Mountains riding some incredible rapids along the way?
Whether it’s your first time visiting or you’re a Colorado native, there is always an adventure to be had in Buena Vista. We’re here to help you map out your trip while you’re in town and show you the ropes on how to experience the best whitewater rafting near Denver.
Why River Runners is the perfect whitewater rafting destination near Denver
If you’re going to travel to Colorado for the ultimate whitewater rafting experience, you might as well do it right. The moment you start driving from Denver or surrounding areas towards Buena Vista, you will be in awe of all of the trees, plants, rivers, streams, mountains, wildlife and more along the way. Located just two hours outside of Denver, Buena Vista is the outdoorsman’s paradise. Equipped with every activity you could think of, you will never be searching for things to do in the area. Home to some of the best whitewater rafting in the country, our pristine rivers and scenery encompasses you at every turn. For those who have been seeking to get close to nature’s heart without having to travel for hours on end in a car, you’ve found what you’ve been looking for.
The best things to see coming from Denver for whitewater rafting
Home to the Rocky Mountains, there is never a dull sight on the way from Denver to Buena Vista. The moment you start driving, you will be in awe of all of the trees, rivers, mountains, and wildlife along the way. With 58 14ers in our wonderful state, visitors making their way to our location will see a variety of towering mountains including Mt. Evans, Grays Peak, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Harvard, Mt. Antero and more. Not only will you see impressive peaks along the way, but you will also have the opportunity to check out Pike and San Isabel National Forests as well as the Cimarron and Comanche National Grasslands.
If you are from Denver, you will love getting away to Buena Vista
Don’t get us wrong, we love Denver and all that it has to offer. However, it is refreshing to get away from hustle and bustle every once in a while and embark on an epic outdoor adventure. Buena Vista is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the conveniences of city living, so you can get the best of both worlds. Head towards us to experience top-of-the-line rafting for just a few hours and head home or make a mini-vacation out of it, it’s up to you!
Only 2 hours from Denver, you can enjoy these whitewater rafting trips
We have been rafting the whitewater rapids in Colorado since 1972. Our expert staff will teach you everything you need to know in order to have a safe, fun and memorable experience with us. Check out our variety of rafting trips we offer. Catering to all ages and skill levels, there’s a perfect trip for everyone!
- Beginner/Intermediate Raft Trips: The Arkansas River has the best beginner rafting in Colorado, so prepare for some splashy fun! This family-friendly tour is suitable for first-time rafters. You can choose from Raft Browns Canyon National Monument near Buena Vista or Bighorn Sheep Canyon near the Royal Gorge. If you’re looking for more of a mellow ride, check out the Family Float.
- Advanced Whitewater Raft Trips: Looking to get your adrenaline pumping and want to put your skills to the test? Book an advanced whitewater rafting trip with us and paddle the most challenging whitewater on Colorado’s Arkansas River. You can raft the Royal Gorge near Colorado Springs or the Numbers near Buena Vista. Whichever you choose, you’re guaranteed to have a great time!
- Overnight Rafting Trips: If you’re like us, a few hours just isn’t enough to get your rafting fix in. Lucky for you, we offer overnight rafting trips as well! We provide several overnight packages that are all inclusive including:
- Raft & Camp in Browns Canyon – 24-hour or 2-day (intermediate)
- Raft Numbers & Browns Canyon – 2-day (intermediate or 2-day (advanced)
- Raft Numbers, Browns Canyon & the Royal Gorge – 3-day ultimate
We take pride in offering the best whitewater rafting near Denver. Join us this summer for an unforgettable ride, we will provide you with outstanding adventures that will keep you coming back for more. Interested in booking a trip with us? Book online here or give us a call at (800) 723-8987. It’s time to find your adventure!