Raft the Numbers – Camp in Browns Canyon
Arkansas River Rafting
$409 / person
Questions? Call 800-723-8987.
Raft the Numbers – camp in Browns Canyon. This overnight whitewater rafting trip is sure to be the highlight of your Colorado vacation. Start at River Runners at Browns Canyon near Buena Vista, Colorado, which is a short drive from many Colorado destinations. Meals, group camping equipment, a personal dry bag and rafting gear are included. Tents ($20) and sleeping bag/pad combos ($15) are available for rent through River Runners. This overnight rafting tour can depart any day of the week as long as you have at least six participants.
TWO-DAY ADVANCED OVERNIGHT RAFTING TRIP
Know before you book
- Choose any date May 15 – August 15 with a minimum of six people
- Previous whitewater rafting experience recommended, but not required to raft on this overnight rafting trip.
- Participants should be at least 14 years old for this advanced rafting trip (varies with water level).
- All participants should be able to swim and be in good physical condition.
- Risk is involved with all whitewater rafting trips – you and everyone in your party must be willing to accept that risk.
- All participants must read and sign a waiver – minors under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver on their behalf.
Day One – Advanced Overnight
Includes lunch and dinner.
Arrive at the River Runners Riverside Rafting Resort at 8:30 am and check in with the front office. Be sure that everyone in your group has read and signed the waiver and release form, then meet your guide and pack all of your personal camping gear into dry bags. A gear boater will take your gear to camp and set up while you’re on the river.
Then travel a few miles north of Buena Vista to the put-in for The Numbers section of the Arkansas River. After a safety orientation and paddle talk, experience some of Colorado’s most continuous class IV-V whitewater. Stop for a catered riverside lunch prepared by your guide, and continue through The Narrows and into Browns Canyon until you reach your secluded camp. You will have plenty of time to enjoy this remote camping destination. Fish, swim, hike or simply relax by the campfire. Your guides will cook, clean and share their knowledge of the surrounding area’s history, wildlife, and geology. You can just relax and enjoy an evening.
Day Two – Advanced Overnight
Includes breakfast and lunch.
The morning will bring hot coffee and breakfast. Relax or explore while your guides clean up, tear down the kitchen and load the gear onto the rafts. Enjoy another day on the Arkansas River in Browns Canyon with some of the best intermediate whitewater in Colorado. This trip can depart any day of the week as long as you have at least six people in your group. Please call to join an existing trip.